Monday, July 19, 2010

He's what we call a くそがき

These were the words spoken to me in Japanese by my new host family's grandfather about my new host brother, who is 3 (I think). くそがき kuso gaki literally means shitty brat, but is slightly more endearing than the English would have you think, but only slightly. There are two others, an older sister (6) who is pretty cute but too interested in me and what I am doing at any given second, and a baby who is 1 and doesn't do much except drool. I have also been transplanted to the 田舎 countryside which is less than ideal. I had a rough first day at work today due to these new circumstances and a general feeling of being overwhelmed. I am hoping to transcend these things. My commute is virtually nonexistent now, and I will get to ride a bike, so that is a plus. I miss my previous host family though, and my co-workers from the delivery center. Also, there is no Internet, but I am borrowing grandpa's iPad, which is certainly better than nothing. Don't buy one if you were thinking about it, a real computer is so much more useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment