Sunday, March 29, 2009

Adventures in Tokyo

Alright, so, adventures... Andy and I did a lot of cool stuff, where should I start?

While we were hanging out in 原宿 Harajuku, we stumbled upon a Mexican restaurant that claimed to have tacos, and since I miss Mexican food so much, we had to go check it out. What we ate wasn't really Mexican food though. I had taco rice, which is taco meat over white rice, and is the Japanese idea of Mexican food (I hear it originated in Okinawa).




Here's me showing off the decor. See, a Corona neon sign! Authentic!

We also had a pretty great time in 秋葉原 Akihabara (Akiba to those of you in the know), also known as nerd heaven, cuz that's where all the anime shit is, and fancy electronics, and maid cafes. Before you ask, yes we did go to a maid cafe. It was great because they have to tell you that you're so good at Japanese (it's part of the whole subservient, ingratiating shtick), and you can pay extra to take your picture with a maid or play a game with one. We have pictures, they're Polaroids, and hand-decorated at that. I did my best to photograph it.

The pink in the middle is the Japanese equivalent of "meow." At the bottom it says @home cafe (the name of the cafe, obviously) and Mistress Siena ♥ Master Andy ♥ Rinka (the maid). Uhhh... lol.

What else did we do in Tokyo... we hung out in 新宿 Shinjuku and 渋谷 Shibuya, and of course around our hotel in 上野 Ueno. We ate a lot of bakery stuff, cream puffs, and anything 抹茶 green tea-flavored that we could get our hands on. I think my favorite might have been the green tea cafe latte we had in Shibuya... green tea AND coffee? What could be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment