Tuesday, March 24, 2009

サボった

Funny linguistic note: the Japanese verb for "to skip class" is サボる (saboru) which comes from the word "sabotage," and is written with the alphabet for loan words, so you know it's true.

So now that Andy is on his way to Shikoku for organic farming adventures, I have to deal with the fact that my spring break is really over. It was so wonderful, though. I have lots of good stories that I'll hopefully be able to document later, but unfortunately, I have my midterms in Japanese this week (1 oral, 2 written, and a paper, but I had to turn in a draft of the paper already) and I should really get to studying oh, about... right now. I decided this morning to skip class today (!) so that I could go with Andy to Umeda where he got on his bus, and I think that that was a really excellent idea. We put his bike together and loaded it all up, and I borrowed a ママチャリ mama chari (housewife bike--I talked about them once in that post when I went to the public bath with Aika) from my host family and we rode to the subway station by my house. We considered riding all the way to Umeda, but didn't really know how to get there. Andy's bike is really cool. I feel bad that he hasn't really been able to ride it yet and has had to haul it around in a bag. I'm not one for lots of physical activity (although biking is fun) or camping, but I found myself really wanting to go with him on this great adventure he's about to have. I'm hoping we can hang out during Golden Week.

No comments:

Post a Comment