Sunday, March 29, 2009

お台場 Odaiba

We spent our last day in Tokyo (well, evening--the first part of the day was spent getting Andy a cell phone, which was no small feat, and doing karaoke) in Odaiba, which neither of us had heard of (shocking, I know), but hit up at the suggestion of Koizumi-sensei. Odaiba is a fancy shopping area on the coast, and also a futuristic date spot. Maybe my favorite part was that we found a cat store where they not only sold cat-related goods (both for humans and for cats), but had a kind of cat petting zoo where you could pay a ridiculous amount of money (it was somewhere between 800 and 1500 yen) to play with real live kitties. I can't bring myself to sink to that level though, no matter how much I love kitties.

We were pretty exhausted and dreading our night bus back to Kyoto and the subsequent train ride to my host family's house in Osaka, but we managed to take some pictures anyway. I hope to go back when I'm not so dead sometime.




The lights on the boats in the water were great, very pretty.


And for some reason, they have the Statue of Liberty there. You can also see Tokyo Tower in the distance in this picture... it's that orange thing to the left.

We ate dinner in a fancy Italian restaurant that had a great view of the city over the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment