Friday, March 13, 2009

春休み!!!

UUGGGGHHHHH IT'S FINALLY SPRING BREAAAAKKKKKKKKKK

Okay, so it's still Friday, and it's raining, but who cares? I don't have to go to class next week!!! And in fact, I am going somewhere completely different... Tokyo, that is. It is the beginning of Andy's epic bike journey (hey, look man, I'll even plug your blog for you to my devoted readership http://andybikesjapan.blogspot.com) which means we're going to go to Akiba and Tokyo Disneyland, and all those other biking-related places.

So, I'll spend this weekend resting, cleaning, packing, and prepping myself for my overnight bus ride to Tokyo (leaves at 10 PM, gets there at 6:30 AM! FUN). The thing I am the most concerned about is hauling my luggage to the station from my house, which takes like 17 minutes. I'm such a wimp. At least I'll get that part out of the way first, right?

I should probably be using this space to write something really profound about the first half of my semester (has it really been that long?). Maybe I should show you a graph of how I feel like my Japanese has improved.



Yeah, how do you like that? That's mostly in reading and speaking. Writing, whatever. As Mike Wert always said, you don't need to know how to write Japanese. But I definitely feel like my exposure to kanji I didn't know before has been really high and this has been tremendously beneficial. And, of course, chatting with my Japanese friends and trying to listen to their conversations... always challenging. My listening skills could definitely use improvement though. I will strive hard.

I probably won't update while I'm in Tokyo, but I'll try and take lots of pictures.

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

2 comments:

  1. Hells yeah on the graph and enjoy the East Capital~

    I've nothing profound to say, so...
    um...
    Get up on the hydra's back or something, I guess...

    ReplyDelete