Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Get on the Train, Probably Transfer at Kayashima

~*~My Commute Part II: The Train~*~

My original plan for this post was going to just be a picture of the train accompanied by the caption: And then I get on the train for 15-30 minutes. But then I started taking pictures of more shit. So here we go!


Here is the inside of my station! This was a particularly busy instant, as a train had just arrived. Normally it's not this crowded... my stop is pretty much local-only. It's got a mall, but from what I understand, not much else.


Train tracks. Cool. This is the direction I will be traveling in.


Most of the time, I have to transfer 2 stops after mine (some mysterious train scheduling business is going on) so it's normally pretty empty, although I guess I took this pic relatively late in the morning.


Here is my train, devoid of passengers, ready to go wherever it is that trains that aren't in service go...


And then, conveniently, a few minutes later another train arrives across the platform, and I continue on my merry way. I'm normally engrossed in my game of Phoenix Wright at this point, and generally play standing up until I can snag a seat. It's only about 15 minutes total if I don't have to transfer, but if I do, it takes about a half an hour. Which means more time to play Phoenix Wright!

Anyway, I really like the Keihan, you never have to wait long for a train, and they're pretty new and shiny-looking. And it will take me all the way to Shijo for when I play with Jess.

Don't miss the last installment of this thrilling trilogy, coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment